Our terms and Conditions of Hire
Once your booking has been made, it remains the responsibility of the person who makes the booking to ensure that the venue is a safe environment. If it is not then we reserve the right to charge the full amount of the tricycle hire. Please ensure the following:
Sufficient access must be made available for the unloading, setting up and re-loading of our tricycle, equipment and service table
- Please check that your venue has sufficient access for us to set up properly and safely.
- Ensure that the area is free from any items or obstacles which may cause injury or damage to your guests and/or our team members.
- If we feel that the venue is unsuitable or unsafe, we reserve the right to refuse to operate.
- We will not be held responsible for any obstruction, nuisance or interference.
- Please note that when at full capacity, our ice cream tricycle weighs in excess of 150kg. We will be unable to access venues with steps for this reason.
- IMPORTANT: Please ensure that all doorways, access points etc are at least 1m wide.
We reserve the right to remove our service in the following circumstances:
- Guests behave in a threatening or abusive manner towards our staff
- Guests interfere with our tricycle and / or other equipment in a way so as to cause damage
- Guests appear to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Conditions at the venue become too dangerous.
Please note that the full fee remains payable if we are forced to withdraw our services.
Loss or damage
Where there is deemed to be any loss or damage caused to our equipment which are caused by the Client or his/her guests, then the cost of repair is the responsibility of the client. The individual stated in the invoice is deemed to be the client and he/she shall remain responsible for the equipment for the duration of the hire period.
We shall incur no liability to the Client if performance of the contract is prevented or hindered by any case whatsoever beyond our control and in particular but without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, by act of fire, flood, subsidence, sabotage, accident or strike action and shall not be liable for any loss or resulting damage suffered by the Client.
It is the responsibility of the client to ensure that suitable cover is available in the event of adverse weather conditions. In the event of heavy rain, hail, snowfall and winds, we reserve the right to withdraw from service, where appropriate cover is not available.
Public Liability Insurance
Please note that we carry public liability insurance up to £10,000,000 however, it is subject to the compliance of these Terms and Conditions. Where persons have suffered injury due to the consumption of drugs and alcohol, Public Liability Insurance is excluded in its entirety.
A £60 deposit is payable at the time of booking with the full amount stated in the invoice payable three weeks prior to the event date.
If the full balance is not paid by the date outlined in the invoice, then we reserve the right to keep the deposit and cancel your booking.
Payments can be made by BACS, personal cheque or cash. Please note that cleared funds must be in our account three weeks prior to the event. We are happy to discuss an alternative payment method if required - please mention this to us at your time of booking.
In the unfortunate event that you have to cancel your booking, we request that it is done in writing and the following charges will apply:
- Deposits are non-refundable.
- Less than 14 days from the date of the event – 50% of the agreed fee (minus the deposit)
- Less than 7 days from the date of the event – the full agreed fee (including the deposit)
- Refunds of any remaining monies paid to and subject to the deductions above will be refunded to you within 10 working days.
Changes to this contract
We reserve the right to amend the terms of this contract at any time, due to the continual evolving nature of our business. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are up to date with our Terms and Conditions.